Saturday, January 26, 2013

Renewed Spirit


There is a young boy that comes into breakfast every morning. He is a student in the RISE program, formally know as Life Skills. He is such a joyful little boy, always smiling. He told me today, all excited, "Mrs G, my mother said I was so good yesterday I can have chocolate milk for breakfast!'
He was so proud of himself.

This little guy finds joy wherever he goes. Whenever I see him that smile is on his face. He skips down the halls, says hello to any and all he meets.  Still believes the world is a kind and wonderful place. That everyone he meets wants nothing more than to be his friend.

How can your spirit not be renewed when you talk to someone to whom the greatest thing on Earth is that your Mom said you can have chocolate milk for breakfast!

1 comment: