Sunday, October 6, 2013

Lynda's Dream, another sign?

My friend Lynda has been having a recurring dream of Gee. In her dream he is singing the Nat King Cole song Autumn Leaves. After he finishes the song he tells Lynda, "tell Robin, honey mustard yellow shirt". She asks him what does that mean, he laughs, that big loud laugh, and says, "she'll figure it out", and she wakes. It is always about 3 am.

Freaky thing is...I have been waking up about 3, jokingly telling her to stop making so much noise she's waking me up now....not knowing about the dreams. After a few days and dreams she tells me about her dream. Neither have woken up at 3am since, an she no longer has the dream.

Listening to the song, I hear Gee's voice, missing him so very much, the tears falling as I play it over and over. Soon it will be three years since he died, still feels like yesterday.



 
Lyrics
The falling leaves drift by the window
The autumn leaves of red and gold
I see your lips, the summer kisses
The sun-burned hands I used to hold

Since you went away the days grow long
And soon I'll hear old winter's song
But I miss you most of all my darling
When autumn leaves start to fall 

















No comments:

Post a Comment