Saturday, January 21, 2012

Back to Westfield

Rachel's last weekend home. She heads back to school on Sunday. We rode out to the school yesterday to get her books, avoiding the crowds on Monday. Renting all but two of her books, it cost her close to $300! I can't believe it, what would it have cost her to buy them....I don't want to know.

I met her boss, Sid, at the help desk. We were heading to the bathroom and he was at the window. Rachel was a bit embarrassed,  he was so full of praise and kind words,. The woman he had been talking to commented on what a recommendation he had just given her. Rachel couldn't say a word. She has never learned to take a compliment. As we walked into the book store she says, "He's like that to everyone". I have to say I have my doubts.

Have to get all her laundry done, I can't get over how many dirty clothes she generates! I am doing laundry every day. If it isn't towels its jeans...I'm sure she doesn't do this much laundry at school!

We are going to be more mindful on how much stuff we pack to take back with us. The parking lot of her building is closed due to construction. So we have to lug everything from a lot that is about 300 yards away. It will be closed until the new building is finished, Rachel thinks it will be 2014, if all goes well. She likes this building and wants to be in it again next year....I just think of move in day...might just be move in month if we have to lug everything across the quad.

Clayton Katie and Jack stopped bye to see Rachel before she heads back. Jack wasn't sure about Steve. Didn't take long, he gave everyone hugs when he left. They were heading to Leominster. Meeting Derek and Bradeigh for dinner at Chucky Cheese. Jack told me he had "chucky money" to play games.

Fred already knows something is going on. All the stuff piled in the dinning room. He keeps walking around smelling everything. He's a funny dog, sleeping in her room. Like if he does that she wont go anywhere. The cat, well like most cats, can't be bothered.

No comments:

Post a Comment