Thursday, February 2, 2012

I brought pictures of Gee to work today, to sit on my desk, next to the kids. I haven't done this before. I wasn't sure how I would feel, having him looking back at me all day. Some days I get so emotional looking at the pictures around the house. The picture of Gee and Jack at Rachel's graduation melts my heart every time I look at it. He wouldn't let him go. Held on to Jack like he was his lifeline.

I brought two of the pictures from Clayton's wedding. Gee looks tired, he had just gotten out of the hospital, but he looked like himself. Not the thin, frail man he would become. It was about 18 months before his death. One he was standing with Clayton, soon after the ceremony, the other he was dancing with Rachel. He wouldn't leave without a dance with her, saying "I wont be here for her wedding, I have to dance with her at this one." I of coarse answered with a you don't know that....maybe he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment