Wednesday, April 11, 2012

FIRE ALARM

At 7:15 AM the fire alarm went off today at the middle school.  One of the classrooms was full of smoke, the smoke alarms didn't work so Chris the principal pulled the alarm.( I believe he's always wanted to pull one). Most of the students weren't even off the bus yet, so we all gathered on the soccer field. Doesn't it start snowing! Not knowing what was going on we head across the field to the high school, all 610 students. Eighth grade to the cafeteria, seventh grade to the gym, and 6th grade to the auditorium. The kids were great for the most part, there is always one or two. After about an hour we find out it was a shredded heater belt, and over heated motor. No Fire....

Then the phone calls, kids were texting their parents that the school was on fire and they were at the high school....come get me! Well some did, many called the high school office or the middle school, sorry no fire today most stayed at school. All in all everyone, students, staff, and fire department did their jobs. Good to know the evacuation plan works.

I'm glad it all worked out....my stuff was in my desk on the 3rd floor. Car keys, jacket, house keys, I'm thinking, well I can walk I have an extra house key hidden, no wait Clayton left it on the hall table and didn't put it back, did I put it back??? S#$% no...ok Laureen's got a key, I'll just call her...S$#%, she works on Wednesday, David's off today I'll call him...SON OF A B&*^H, Laureen said yesterday he was working overtime today....

Once back in classrooms I find out Jamie has a meeting, and then she is going home, she told me last week...damn, like I remember.Three days before vacation, they are off the wall.  A was as always great, F and V fight like an old married couple, about everything and anything, tossed F to the office he had a fit because the nurse wouldn't let him go home he knew he had the plague or something.., V thinks she's going to yell at me because she's upset that her schedule has changed for the day. Remember who you are talking to, I do not yell at you, you will not yell at me. Next she pulls out her cell phone to call her Mother...give me the phone. She actually said "You can't take my phone", yeah I can, and did, she can get it back when her Mother comes to get it from the office. At dismissal she tells me she's leaving, taking the bus home...no you walk everyday, not leaving... 

So as I was leaving for the day and stopped  into the main office to drop off the phone..."by the way, just so you know, I feel the plague coming on and may not make it in tomorrow"....






















 

No comments:

Post a Comment