Thursday, March 24, 2011

colonoscopy

Yesterday I had my 3rd colonoscopy. For those who don't know what that is, a doctor looks at your colon with a camera to see if there are any polyps growing, polyps are what can turn into cancerous tumors. The prep intails drinking some very yucky liquid laxative along with some pills. Most people have their first scope at 50.With my family history, I had my first joy full experience at 40. This time all was well, good for another 5 years. Why am I announcing that yesterday my butt was hanging out while a doctor sent a camera up it? I do this because that somewhat uncomfortable/embarrasing test can save you and your family the pain and anguish of living with colon cancer. So ask the question is there a family history. If yes talk to your doctor, and if you or someone you know and love is over 50 make sure they have the test....for all your sakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment