Saturday, May 14, 2011

Random Crap

Rachel is home for the summer! Goodness knows I miss her when she is at school. What will I ever do when she moves out?? I used to laugh at the "empty nester" christ it sure isn't funny any more. I don't think my "waistline" can handle my boredom. Seems all I do is eat, but I never cook when she isn't here. Dove Ice Cream Bars are nutritious, right?? She will be volunteering at a nursing home for the summer. Her focus in social work is elderly or hospice, this place has both, just wish she was getting paid but experience is worth millions.

Fred (knock on wood) hasn't peed in the house for 3 days....so for now he has more freedom at night and while I'm at work. I still block off the living room and dining room, but he can sleep upstairs during the day. He is getting a bit more protective of me. The paperboy and the mailman are the enemy...and the oil man well he brings cookies so he's tolerated.

First week of MCAS testing is over. Next week is Science/Technology. I have a student that I have to read and scribe for, do you think this should tell the state something....if he can't read it or write his own answers how is he expected to pass it. I actually thought he was going to get a math question right area of a triangle..A=1/2bh... he had a formula paper to reference....he looked at the paper and said hmmm thought about it and said 1*2*5*4=40ft sq. Well I hope he gets credit for the correct label. He doesn't have science, he has reading instead, but is still expected to take the test by the state, make sense to me....

I went out for a few drinks with some of the people from work yesterday. It is getting easier to go places socially, not that I'm very social. It was fun. I always pick up Lynda for these little outings. She would never drink and drive and I don't partake so it works. Bob her husband, MA State Police ret., is thankful he doesn't have to do it anymore...

Only 28 more days with students. I can not wait for this school year to be over. Way to much turmoil going on. Seems every time I walk into the office I here "Oh Mrs G..." and in some way my life at school has just changed again...not likin it at all.....

Had the roof fixed...3 slates replaced. Now I have to contact Justin to see if he wants to do the porch roof, I don't know if he does roofing, but if he does I'd like to give him the opportunity. Rachel wants to paint her room, Clayton's room need "something" done to it and mine well I still have paper peeling from the ice storm we had 2 years ago....Laureen is more than willing to help as always.

Next on the list, school.......

No comments:

Post a Comment