Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Another major holiday passes. I can't say it was fun, but it wasn't to bad. It was good to see the boys, I should say men, Chris and Henry are pushing 40, with Matt and Patrick not to far behind.

What was missing for me, getting Gee's plate. He never got his own food. I always got his food or put it on the table before I called him to come eat. I never thought much of it. Today I realized there was no one for me to get food for. Katie got Jacks, BJ got Saul's. What a stupid thing to feel sad about.

Rachel is at Steve's, going out on Black Friday with his folks. I wonder where they are heading. She never talks with me of their future. She keeps those thing to herself. She did say Steve has said they should get an apartment together after the finish school. I wanted to say just live here, save some money, but I didn't. I don't know what I would do if/when she moves out.

My friend Lynda called today. Wanted to make sure I was ok. Knowing that today was going to be rough. Saying she knows the next weeks wont be easy for me.I have to say I have some wonderful friends. What I would do without  her and Laureen. Both of them try to keep me busy, less time to feel sorry for myself.

I can't say I look forward to the rest of this "Holiday Season" I have asked Ruth and Dorothy to come for dinner. I should say I let Rachel push me into asking them, "because we always do"I would be ok with sitting here alone with Fred and Buster.

No comments:

Post a Comment