Monday, February 7, 2011

I'll See You in My Dreams

I have been dreaming of Gee, very pleasant dreams. They have all been very similar, we are just walking together on a road, neither of us talking, just feeling very comfortable. Very much like our lives together. Many would say we were boring, I guess we were. Gee would watch TV and I would read. Sometimes we wouldn't say 10 words to each other all evening.We enjoyed each others company.

Dreams can bring fear or comfort. I haven't slept as good for months. I wake up with a sense of calm that I haven't felt in a very long time, if ever. I miss him terribly, but on these mornings that I have dreamt of him I don't have the same emptiness in my heart, for a while.

During the Concert for George many years ago, Joe Brown sang a song titled "I'll See You in MY Dreams" Will I see Gee in my dreams, I do hope I do. There we can walk together, not talking, just enjoying each others company once again.


I'll see you in my dreams
And I'll hold you in my dreams
Someone took you right out of my arms
Still I feel the thrill of your charms

Lips that once were mine
Tender eyes that shine
They will light my way tonight
I'll see you in my dreams

Oh, someone took you right out of my arms
Still I feel the thrill of your charms

Lips that once were mine
Tender eyes that shine
They will light my way tonight
I'll see you in my dreams

Joe Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment