Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Just a Few Things

Gee's cactus flowered today, Valentines Day. Isn't that something, must have been budding for a few days and I never noticed. Walked in from work and there it was, one flower in full bloom and so many buds. I can't tell you how many times I thought that plant was done for. Gee would repot, feed, use some of his "black magic" as he would say and it would begin to flower once again. It would be just like him though...

Sonny called Saturday, seems one of the companies he does business with sent a very generous donation to the New York Presbyterian Hospital in Gee's name.So there is now a plaque with Gee's name on it in the hospital some where. He is sending a copy of the letter he was sent.

I don't think my father ever used my mothers dresser after she died, even after my sisters and I took care of her things. It was Ma's and that was that. I have had my own reservations about that myself. Well, I have emptied a drawer and put some sweatshirts in. Doesn't sound like much I know. However, all the time I was doing it the tears fell. It's a start and the rest will follow in due time.

I was going to take a seminar for three days over February vacation. Para's aren't usually invited for these sessions but this time we were invited. The classes are to instruct us on how to help the student with their self esteem, dealing with people in a polite manner, taking responsibility for their actions, pretty much being their parents and teaching them life's lessons our parents taught us that are not being taught at home.  The thought of a week home alone wasn't really high on my list of things to do, so I signed up. Anyway, the invitation has been rescinded.....to much interest. What was really being said was there was no money for the para's to take the classes....$1000, for three days, 8:30 to 5. Guess they decided that we weren't worth the investment....

No comments:

Post a Comment