Sunday, June 19, 2011

impossible only takes a little longer

The person whom you choose to marry
is perhaps the single most vivid representation of your personality.
Your spouse becomes the most gleaming possible mirror
through which your emotional individualism is reflected back to the world.
....that choice tells us,to a large extent,who you are.

~ Elizabeth Gilbert~

I just found this on a blog I stumbled upon. I wonder if it is true. Gee and I were so different from each other. He was so open, I am so guarded. He was so joyful, I am so sullen. He so optimistic, I am so doubtful. Maybe it isn't a reflection, not a representation of who we are but what we want to be. Why would Gee want to be sullen, guarded and doubtful?

I know I was a different person when I was with him, everyone was. How could you stand in his shadow and not be changed. He was loud, funny, insightful and had a laugh that was infectious! He was a man who loved his family, was committed to their care and well being. He would always say, "there's no such word as can't, impossible only takes a little longer." Instilling in his children, they can do anything.

How very lucky I was to find this extraordinary man to share a brief measure of time with.

No comments:

Post a Comment