Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter

Well Easter went better than expected. I can't say it was easy, the demon tried to raise its ugly head, but Jack kept him at bay. Gee would get such a kick out of "Scooter", his name for him, he is such a little spit fire. Took him about 2 seconds to figure out the egg hunt, had no fear riding in the jeep with Patricks boys, and came to me to pick him up!! Not that he never comes but if Katie is close he wants his Mama, as it should be.

I go back to work for the final push of the year...8 more weeks. Two of which are MCAS testing. I hope things settle into some kind of a routine for me. I just think things at the school are so disconnected. Like the old saying the right hand doesn't let the left hand know what it's doing.

 Rachel will be home in 2 weeks for the summer. She has an internship at the Nursing Home down the street. A friend runs the place, so I called for a favor. Sue had talked with the social workers before calling me back, they are thrilled to have her come in. She meets with her next weekend. What will be great for her they have hospice patients also. She is leaning towards hospice or the elderly. From what her teachers tell her there is a great need in both those areas.  It would be wonderful if it was paid, but it will pay off in the long run. She is taking an on line class over the summer and looking for a paid job. Don't want her to spread herself to thin, but I have to let it be her choices.

The bank has decided to take a chance on me, I have been approved for my refinancing. That takes a huge weight off my shoulders. We close on the 5th of May. I really don't know what I feel about it all. I guess it's the anticipation, who knows. Anyway the day has a high note after all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment