Saturday, January 29, 2011

Changes and Disruption

Just when I find a teacher that I work very comfortable with the "office" decides to move things around and dissolves the program....there is no longer  Project Support  at GMS. We all still have jobs but things are getting "relined."

 The new teacher, T, and I clicked right off, seemed like we had worked together for years. She's worked with "behavior" kids forever. Being a true smart ass, the kids like her, she understands them, doesn't judge to harshly and makes them responsible for their actions.

On Monday it was announced she was moving to the 7th grade floor, teaching her 2 math classes, and doing 2 inclusion classes on the 7th grade floor....in other words she is now the inclusion teacher on the floor. Great way to start the week, happy Monday!!!

My schedule is up in the air right now. The only thing that will stay the same is one of the math classes I was covering. With 10 kids, all on IEP's there needs to be two of us in the room, other than that who knows.

We all know this is coming about because the schools are being evaluated on how the system itself, district wide, is servicing the special ed kids.Are the schools in compliance with the kids IEP's, are they receiving the services they are entitled to.

 I am sure there are changes that need to take place system wide I just don't handle change and disruption very well....I am having some anxiety issues because of the upheaval going on. Gee would say there is nothing I can do about it so don't worry about it....whats going to happen is going to happen, no changing it....he was right then and he'd be right now. Like everything else I guess I will just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment